Dr Perumal remains a member of the Pistorius Defence Team
Brian Webber, Ramsay Webber Inc.
18 April 2014
Since the inception of this trial, it has been our stated view that the legal process should be allowed to unfold with absolute integrity and that this would require all parties involved in this court case to adhere to the spirit of the sub judice rule.
It was with this in mind, that we have been reluctant to comment on any matters relating to the court case or the broader legal process.
However, in the light of some disturbing media reporting today, which is both incorrect and misleading, we are forced to state the following:
• Dr Reggie Perumal was engaged by the Defence Team to attend the post-mortem of Ms Reeva Steenkamp following the tragic events on the 14th of February 2013.
• He remains a member of the Defence Team and continues to assist in his capacity as an expert consultant.
• The media reports suggesting that he has “withdrawn” from the Defence Team are devoid of all truth.
• The decision to call an additional forensic pathologist was made on the basis of Dr Perumal’s availability.
• Mr Wollie Wolmarans, the Defence Team’s highly regarded ballistics expert, also remains on the Defence Team and any suggestion to the contrary is malicious and misleading.